What does it look like?
There’s been so much talk lately about the need to get people to talk openly and honestly about race, particularly in the Ferguson aftermath. So here are my questions:
1. What would be the objectives of such a conversation and why should we have it?
2. What would a desired positive outcome look like?
3. From beginning to end, what would the exact content/flow look like?
4. Who should launch, facilitate and own the conversation?
5. In what ways could the conversation be derailed?
6. Who should, ideally, participate in the conversation?
7. Should such a conversation be narrowly focused on “black” and “white” or should it include other “races.” And either way, why?